Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hoisin Pork Wraps

I'm digging my meal plan this week so I have lots to post I guess?! Some weeks are better than others :) This is another recipe from my Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine!
 
I wasn't going to post this recipe {even though I thought it was delish!} but when I put together my wrap, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of these beautiful colors! I hope you enjoy!
 
 
 

Ingredients:
  • 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
  • 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
  • 6 cups shredded red cabbage
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 15 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed

Directions:
  1. Cut roast in half. Combine 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and ginger; rub over pork. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar and sugar. Chill until serving.
  3. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Place 2 teaspoons remaining hoisin sauce down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup shredded pork and 1/3 cup coleslaw. Roll up.

As expected my husband didn't care for this one as much as I did. But luckily if the red cabbage cole slaw isn't your style you can easily just throw some cheese on the tortilla and adapt it for a whole different flavor!
Have I ever mentioned my go to website for wine pairings is
www.winedin.com? I love it! But tonight it recomended a Reisling which is not my cup of tea, maybe it's yours?! Enjoy!
 
 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment