Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling you-hoo... Inside the chicken is cooking and Adam is shouting woo-hoo!
Ok, that was a lame attempt at a joke on the weather right now. It's not the worst that I've seen but it's record breaking snow fall (already a foot in Nov?!) and temperature lows (-10?!) right now so what better than a yummy comfort food casserole to warm up the evening. Landon even got to eat some of the chicken, broccoli and noodles!
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken (you can boil and shred chicken breasts or buy chunk chicken in a can)
- 1 lb fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite pasta (I used smaller shells)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 package stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- If using chicken breasts, boil chicken until tender and shred or cut into bite size pieces. If using chunk canned chicken, just make sure it's chopped up nicely.
- Steam broccoli until crisp but tender.
- Boil pasta until firm.
- In a small bowl mix together the soup and milk. Set aside.
- Layer the chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese in baking dish.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is browned.
|Look you can see the steam!|