Sunday, May 15, 2011

13 Days...

Wow - it's been a little over two months since we made the decision and announced to our family and friends that we'd be moving back to western Wa and I feel like time has flown! It really has even though in retrospect I felt like time was dragging.
Now that it's here I still don't think it's hit me that we're really going. I've never in my life made a move like this. When I moved to Cheney from "home" I was fresh out of high school; I had one little room to pack up and I barely filled the shelves of my dorm room {that was split with a complete stranger! Hi Erin!}. I think I made 3 more moves throughout college but still - furniture and most of the household items were shared with roommates so I really never had more than my clothes and a few belongings?! I've made two more moves since then, one into Spokane {on Thanksgiving?!} into a house that Adam and I shared. At that time, a lot of our stuff was still "his" and "mine". And then we moved 5 blocks away, into our first home.

Since then, we've accumulated stuff. LOTS of stuff. It's annoying, who needs all this???  Now we have appliances and couches, chairs and beds. Clothes and blankets. TOYS... oh the toys. Dishes {a full set even!}. TVs... entertainment centers. Nick Knacks... ugh! Seriously... who NEEDS all this???? I'm definitely a little bit of both my mother and father. My mother in that I've collected all this stuff and I have a space for it - it was organized! {Sorry mom}. But my father in that, I have absolutely no problem getting rid of it :) I've made 4 trips to the Goodwill - hopefully our 2011 taxes will thank us for that. Also, I've thrown lots of stuff away - why was I keeping that??? Who knows.

I've packed almost everything I can at this point. All that's left is our clothes, our dishes, and our food. As well as all the "big" things. I'm ready for the last few days when I can pack all that stuff and start cleaning cause this living around boxes thing is for the birds. Here's a little peek into how our house looks:

Kitchen... and that's just half, the counters behind me are full too =/

Landon's room :(

Toys... Carseats... Baby stuffs!

My hall... well, half my hall...

**Sigh** Needless to say, I'm ready for that big white trailer to pull up. It'll be full in no time.

13 days...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment