Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Moooovin' on up!

Or just moving! 
Yup, you heard me right - we've made the decision to finally - finally - get the heck out of Spokane! We'll be moving back over to somewhere in western Washington. I say somewhere because really we might be homeless for a little bit while we get settled back in the mix over there. Good thing my parents have a little studio apartment type guest house... riiiiight mom & dad??? :)

It wasn't an easy decision, it's still not. Pretty much everything came to a head these last few months and I mean everything - what else could have went wrong? **knock's on wood** 

Adam and I have had lots (and I mean LOTS) of talks about it, the last few weeks especially. We barely talk about anything else anymore =/ After college, Spokane became home for us. Our stable, good jobs were here. Our friends were here. Our house was here. We liked it here. We were happy here. 

And then, the market crashed - our house is worth next to nothing what it was when we bought it. We lost our good, stable jobs. We racked up debt. We had a baby - which racked up further debt (about triple what we anticipated having a baby would cost). While we have support from some of our friends here and we most definitely have as much family support as they can give from 300 miles away - it's hard having well, no one. No one to fall back on if we need a night out. Or if we have an appointment. Or if we need a free hour just to ourselves. We are it. And it's harder than I ever thought it would be.
In all those talks Adam and I have been having it always - always - comes back to one thought and reason...
It's best for Landon's future. 
Being a parent sure does change your perspective of things eh? 
  
I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it but no one talks about these things, so I'm going to.
  • We're bankrupt - filed March 17th, 2011. 
  • We're working with the bank to (hopefully) receive a loan modification and plan to rent our house out.
  • We're moving - late-May 2011. 
I'm not ashamed - I'm relieved, and a huge weight feels like it's slowly lifting. Since I said I'm not going to lie - I do however have this overwhelming feeling like I'm being pushed overboard or something... I just need to find my life raft. Sink or swim right? 

What an exciting, scary, exhilarating and sad thing though - all in one! 

post signature

1 comment: