Monday, April 18, 2011

1 Year Checkup!

April 15th, Landon had his 1 year check up!

Little man... well, continues to be little! :) He's gained 2 pounds and 1 inch since his 9 month check up and Dr. C said - as he bounced around the exam room - that he's quite the curious little guy! We knew that. =/ 
Here's a little re-cap of the last year:
AGE WEIGHT HEIGHT HEAD
Birth: 6lbs 14oz 18.5in 13.5in
9 Days:  7lbs 1oz 19.8in 13.8in
18 Days:  7lbs 7oz 20.5in 14in
1 Month 3 Weeks:  9lbs 4oz 22in
2 Months 2 Weeks 22in
4 Months 2 Weeks: 15lbs 1oz 25in 16.8in
5 Months 2 Weeks: 16lbs 8oz
6 Months 2 Weeks: 18lbs 27in 17.5in
9 Months 1 Week: 20lbs 1oz 28in 18in
11 Months 21lbs 5oz
11 Months 4 Weeks: 22lbs
1 Year: 22lbs 1oz 29in 18.3in

The only question I had for Dr. C was to see if you can over feed a 1 year old?! The kid eats... like NON-stop. Seriously. Last night, he ate more than I did at dinner?! Is that normal???? She said that as long as he's self feeding (like off his own tray, not from a jar or bottle) then he'll stop when he's done. Honestly, I haven't seen him stop yet?! He does the occasional hand over the edge to feed the dog, but then the next bite goes right in the mouth?! Crazy kid. But I guess we'll just continue on as we have been cause she said he's healthy and looks great!
He got 3 pricks in his thighs and one blood draw and we were done! Happy boy! Did you know though, when Dr. C was telling me about the Chicken Pox vaccine that we were about to get - after a child gets the vaccine, actual Chicken Pox can be passed through their dirty diapers for the next few days?!?! Good thing Adam and I have both had it! And also that Landon has a very very small chance of developing a very very mild case of it in the next week or so?! Ugh, the thought of that makes my skin itch... actually, it has been since she told me that. Yuck. I had the Chicken Pox twice... just FYI =/

And then I got to tell Dr. C that we were moving and this was probably the last time that we'll be in to see her ::insert sad face here:: I'm bummed! When you find a doctor that you love it's so hard to leave and even more dreadful to have to find someone new. 

Side note: I don't think I've mentioned moving before now... detailed blog post soon to come :) If you know me you probably know some details but eh, yeah, they're plentiful - the details that is. 



post signature

1 comment: