Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meal Plan #6! And then some :)

April 10th - 16th

Well, week 5 was a bust! Other than the French's Onion chicken the rest of the week just went to... well... shit. That chicken is always good and the tweaks I make were just mouth watering. Yum. The only other day I kind of followed the meal plan was Wednesday - word to the wise - don't follow that link or try the enchiladas. Bleck. After spending a pretty penny on that cut of meat, following the directions to a T and spending the better half of my afternoon in the kitchen prepping things... it wouldn't shred and was SO dry. I ended up thawing out a pound of ground venison real quick and frying that up for the filling. They were pretty good but dinner was over an hour later than I had anticipated. 

Thursday though we went to Northern Lights Brewery for dinner. Here's a little restaurant review for anyone who's thought about trying them out... DO IT! O.M.G - so good. 
I knew they had good beer cause we've been a few times but I'd never eaten dinner there. We started out with some drinks; Adam got the Solar Winds - it's a seasonal beer there and while it's pretty hoppy, boy was it good. 
We got the Sesame Seared Ahi and the Manila Clams for appetizers - I was a little skeptical of the Ahi cause I've never had sushi before but it was SO good and the little crusted cheese thing that comes with it was to die for :) The clams were really good too - they were in a buttery sauce that was FULL of whole cloves of roasted garlic, YUM!
We were all over the pallet for our entree's - from a burger to the Fish Taco's, a Reuben and the Cod Fish and Chips - everything was so good. I have to say... I make a mean fish taco, but this thing had the best peach mango salsa on top that my mouth is watering thinking about it! 

OK - so on to the meal plan...

Sunday: Kalua Pig
Monday: Panda Express Orange Chicken w/stir fried vegetables
Tuesday: Wet Burritos
Thursday: Aussie Chicken --> Have I done this? I feel like I have but it sounds so yummy!
Friday: Homemade Pizza (I'm listing my preferred toppings in the grocery list)
Saturday: TBD :)

The Grocery List:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Bacon
Mushrooms
Colby Jack Cheese
1lb ground beef
Onion
Diced green chilies
Refried beans
Chili w/out beans
Tomato soup
Enchilada Sauce
12 inch flour tortillas
Lettuce
Tomato
Mexican cheese blend shredded cheese
Green onion
Whole wheat penne pasta
Zucchini
Green Pepper
Carrots
Stewed Tomatoes
Parmesan Cheese
Smoked Gouda Cheese
Chicken Broth
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil
Scallion
Frozen stir fried vegetables
Pork Butt :) 
Hawaiian sea salt
Liquid Smoke
Dry Active Yeast
Pepperoni
Italian Sausage
Black Olives

Aaaaaaand... For your viewing pleasure - we had our last session with Moxie Images right before Landon's birthday. Here's a few of my fav's!!!







Cheers!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for that kahlua pig - that's how I have been doing it for years now and it always comes out sooooo good! Tastes just like it does in Hawaii. :)
    P.S. Cute pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yum, I love that pig... I've made it a ton of times too! ::drool:: :)

    ReplyDelete