Monday, March 28, 2011

Meal Plan #4... NOT!

No meal plan this week! 
Week #3 went pretty well though! The only night we didn't follow our plan was Thursday with the Ravioli, eh, it was a bag anyway! I switched a few nights around but other than that it was a pretty good week!
I would have posted sooner cause I was going to at least do Monday and Tuesday... Wednesday - next Monday I'll be on the west siiiiiiiide :) **Insert 1980's chuckle here** But - poor little man has had the stomach flu since this morning. So dinner was out for tonight and tomorrow we've just taken out a homemade pot pie to throw in - exciting week eh?

Not something I really want to blog about cause poor guy didn't get to eat a dang thing today and was so worn out. But to recap, he woke up this morning with a crib full of puke and a diaper full of mush - I'll spare you the details :(

I hoped maybe it was a fluke but he wasn't really interested in his milk when he first got up and barfed again half way through his bananas and toast. 
Then he proceeded to nap on me for the next hour, then in his crib for another hour. 
He got up and ate some sting cheese and a little more banana, along with some water. All of which he kept down but he was still not himself and wanted to nap on me for another 45 minutes and back in his crib for another hour =/ Wow. 
After that he got up feeling a little more normal and less lethargic. After downing almost a full sippy cup of water he was acting like he was staving so we tried some crackers and a little applesauce... no bueno my friends - round 2 of changing his crib sheets commenced shortly after. :(

So into the Urgent Care clinic we go - since it was already 3pm and our clinic couldn't fit us in. On the ride down, little man proceeded to cover himself AND his carseat :( Poor boy.
The Dr. gave him some Zofran, which is an anti nausea medicine and had us drink some juice that he did keep down so we were released to go home. 
We picked up some Pedialyte and some saltine crackers on the way and he sipped on that and ate one cracker before he just couldn't take anymore - it was way passed his bedtime. I did notice right before bed that he was running a little fever so I called back down to Urgent Care to see if that was normal or if it was ok to give him Tylenol with the Zofran, they said it was ok and he's been sleeping for about 2 hours now. 

We'll see how long this lasts :( 

If he pukes again they told me I'd probably need to take him down to the pediatric ER since he hasn't had anything in his stomach since dinner last night. 
They also told me if his fever lasts through to the morning to call our regular Dr. 

So we're watching him - I swear I've been in to check on him like 20 times already :(


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment