Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Watermelon???

Seriously??? Wow... I love how thebump.com compares weeks 37-40+ to the watermelons?! That's scary.

Here's some info from their website:


Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

 

Your Pregnancy: Week 37

"Today (ok... technically Monday) brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)"

This.is.true... today marked day one of SERIOUS nesting!  

I thought I'd been nesting before - cleaning up the house, getting Landon's room ready, organizing the closets - but today had nothing on the last 8 months. I woke up at 6:30am, which by the way felt like sleeping in since I've been getting up at 5am every since I switched my work schedule?! Adam left for the day and I went to work on the house. I started by actually cleaning my vacuum?! Who cleans their vacuum? Anyway, then I moved on to the baseboards (they are actually white! Who knew?), then I dusted... everything... from the ceiling fan to the walls, shelves, knickknacks, behind the couch, seriously everything. At one point I started on the bathroom - sprayed the shower down along with the sink and toilet to soak. All the while I had the laundry going.

Around 10am I realized I needed to get my butt in the shower cause I had a baby shower to go to at noon. The house was a complete mess still and I hadn't even touched our bedroom or the kitchen?! But it was really nice to get out and take a break.

After the shower I came back home and did some more laundry, finished vacuuming, mopped the kitchen & the bathroom, cleaned out ALL the cabinet drawers in the kitchen and wiped them down. What else... oh put our bedding back together since I washed all that. 

Then FINALLY ate dinner!!! Now... I'm sitting here staring at a HUGE pile of laundry that I need to fold - I think maybe that will wait till tomorrow. I'm exhausted!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment