Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seriously Dr. W????

Yesterday, I had my 37 week appointment - however Dr. C is out of town so I saw Dr. W. I've seen her once before and didn't really get a good vibe from her but after today I REALLY don't like her.
  • She kept talking about "the second time around" insinuating this is my second kid. I corrected her... twice. 
  • When she measured my belly she said "oh right on target for being 36 weeks..." um... I corrected her again telling her I'm actually 37 weeks. I know the measurement is still normal either way but still irritating. 
  • She couldn't find his heartbeat - even after I showed her exactly where they always find it... after she finally found it she had to pull out her iphone to time it cause she "forgot her watch today." WTF? 
  • When asked about taking a birthing class, I got a lecture cause I said we haven't and that we didn't plan to?! Seriously lady??? Seriously? 
  • Dr. C told me that if I wanted she'd do an internal which I actually really wanted just to see if anything's going on yet.. but after that I didn't want her to touch me. 
  • She gave me the great news that I tested positive for that Group B Strep crap! I know it's nothing serious and that I just have to get treated while in the hospital for delivery but just the fact that SHE delivered the news makes it that much more irritating! 
  • To boot - all of this lasted a total of about 5 minutes... Dr. C usually takes at least 15-20 min sometimes longer if we get to talking... thanks doc for the pointless appointment?!
As ready as I am for Landon to make an appearance I've got my fingers crossed that he waits until next week for Dr. C to get back... here's hoping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment