Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's a BOY... AGAIN!

Well, there you have it... another boy! I'm not going to lie... I cried. 

I went in to my appointment on Friday and I had totally convinced myself we were having a girl. Everything has been different this time. The cravings, the sickness, the moodiness, the weight gain... everything. 

Just goes to show you that every pregnancy truly is different. 


I didn't have much time for it to sink in before they came in and told me that they saw "something." A calcification, on babies liver. They reassured me that it's probably nothing, however they'd like to do additional testing to make sure. 

So a trip to chat with the genetic counselor, a few more blood tests and a follow up ultrasound are ordered in order to rule everything out. 

The meeting with the genetic counselor was just another meeting reassuring us that based on our family histroy everything is "probably fine"?!? And I got a call the next day assuring me that everything from the blood test came back normal and with no signs that anything was wrong. My ultrasound is scheduled about 4 weeks from now to make sure the calcification has cleared up.

So after that little hiccup... we can now focus on enjoying that Landon is going to have a little BROTHER!

Time to pick names :)

No comments:

Post a Comment