Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update!

Hello fans!

I thought I'd give a little mid-week update on how our budget/two week meal plan is going! :)

So far, I think we'll be ok staying within our budget. Other than the fact that our TV took a shit so we went and splurged on a new one {Merry Christmas to us!} Well, turns out that our old TV was fine. When we went to plug in the new one - it had no sound either!!! Ooops - the Dish reciever just needed to be restarted?!

Anyway, on the 5th {for my previous post} I filled up my budget envelopes and made my meal plans through the 20th {roughly}. I ended up spending a little over half my grocery money in the first visit that should have covered all my meals plus I bought a bunch of things from the bulk section at Winco {love that section}. I also bought some lunch items for Adam. I should technically have a little less than half of our envelope money left but I don't have quite that much. I don't really have anywhere/anything planned that I need to do either though so I guess it works out?!

I did notice from my grocery list below that I forgot to include the stuff for the Easy Barbequed Ribs... oops. So I have to make a trip to the store for the ribs - or, I might just skip them unless I have another reason to go into town.
Have I mentioned that "town" is at the very least 20 miles away? Meaning 40 miles round trip? I just can't justify driving all that way just for ribs. No matter how good they look :)

I'm excited to re-budget for the rest of the month next week. There's not much work in it besides putting together the meal plan for the rest of the month. I'm going to keep my envelopes the same as the first half of the month because I know we can make this work... it just takes a little bit more effort and diligence.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment