Monday, December 19, 2011

Meal Plan 25!

Well here we go again!!! Shopping shall commence on Tuesday the 20th cause that's payday... then it's time to fill our budget envelopes up again! Hopefully we can put a little bit of the money we took out for the TV and for a few Christmas presents back into savings.

I have to take a moment and recap a few recipes from the last two weeks.
The Chicken Divan was SO amazing! The only thing I changed was to add fresh chopped mushrooms. It will definitely be going on a meal plan again in the near future.
The Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops were also amazing but I have to admit - I forgot that it was a crock pot recipe until about 3pm on the day I planned to make it :) Oops. So I coated the pork chops in the ranch seasoning, seared them off in my cast iron skillet, then I poured the soup over and stuck it in the oven on 350 degrees for like 25 min. They turned out really good!
Alright, week 25 concludes my almost year long journey of meal planning! I started in March and of course took a good amount of weeks off when we moved but I never thought I'd like meal planning! Now I kind of get anxiety if I don't at least have an idea of what I want to make for the week when I'm grocery shopping... how did I ever shop before with no plan?!?! I hope I've helped someone out along the way too! :)


December 19th -25th
Arroz Con Pollo
Tacos - Do you need a recipe???? :)
Lemon Chicken Cordon Bleu - Yet another one of my new favorite blogs. This girls story of weight-loss is amazing if you have time to read it!
Henri's French Onion Soup - not sure who Henri is but this looks amazing :)
December 26th - January 1st
French Toast Casserole - for Christmas morning :)
Italian Sausage & Peppers - sauteed with mushrooms and onions. That's it!!! :)
The Grocery List
2 chicken thighs
olive oil
5 onions
garlic
long-grain white rice
chicken stock
diced tomatoes
ground beef
Soft taco size flour tortillas {x2 recipes}
salsa
black olives
taco seasoning
5 chicken breast
provolone cheese (2-4 slices)
smoked ham (2-4 slices)
2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
2 cups cheddar cheese
broccoli
1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread
1 block (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
Yeast
Mushrooms
bacon (about 6 slices)
sour cream
avocado
gruyère cheese (3-4 slices)
crusty baguette
12 oz can evaporated milk
elbow macaroni
Parmesan cheese
3-4 italian sausages
red & green pepper
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment