Sunday, June 26, 2011

Meal Plan #15!

June 27th - July 3rd

I haven't been very good at following through with my meal plans the last few weeks since we moved. This move has been life changing to say the least. Before, our days pretty much were constant and very predictable. So it was easy to plan. Our outings or weeknights were planned and organized days before.

Wow. We were boring.

Now-a-days, things and plans change at the drop of a hat. There's so much more to do and so many more people to coordinate with! I'm still getting used to that. I like structure... I like things planned in advance. However, I love it here and I'm getting used to the unpredictable :)

So, more changes this week to my meal plans. I'll be posting 5 recipes from now on. No specific days. So if something comes up last minute I don't have to worry about rearranging the week because of it. I'm finding that one or two nights a week we have something going on or we end up eating out so I'm leaving two meals off for those instances... and if we end up being home, I'll throw a pizza together or something. :)

Change is good people... remember that.

Uno: Spence's Pesto Chicken Pasta <-- cause I didn't get to it last week, go figure :)
Dos: Creamy Chicken Baked Flautas
Tres: New England Clam Chowder
Cuatro: Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda & Bacon
Cinco: Portobello Pizzas

And just cause we're having a BBQ for 4th of July! I'm going to do an appetizer recipe!: Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

The Grocery List:
2 cups of roasted chicken
2-3 tbsp sweet yellow onion
3 tbsp fresh cilantro
3 tbsp cream cheese
3 tbsp Monterey Jack Cheese
Flour Tortillas

1lb (20 slices) bacon

1 1/2 cups chopped onion                   
4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
3 cups half-and-half
2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams <--- Adam's been digging fresh clams :)
2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
2 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
2 tablespoon spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
8 slices pepperoni sausage
10 fresh JalapeƱos
10 oz low fat cream cheese
Plain panko crumbs

I already have these ingredients from not using them last week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/2 pound linguine pasta
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
4 ounces fresh mushrooms
6 ounces roasted red peppers
1 (7.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
3 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment