Sunday, May 1, 2011

Busy May!

Happy May Day everyone!

I thought maybe I'd give a little update on how our last month in Spokane is progressing :) We're definitely keeping ourselves busy!!!

This last weekend we spent the fishing opener at Fish Lake in Tonasket, WA with our good friends Justin & Marah. Let me preface this by saying I am the WORST.CAMPER.EVER. no joke. EVER. 
This trip actually set in stone that our first big purchase after getting settled again is going to be a trailer. I'm never tent camping again. EVER. 
We had a good time though. It was much needed that we get the heck out of town for a few days and relax. The first night we stayed in town at Marah's parents place and got to see all the plans for their wedding in July - cannot wait! :) Then we headed up to Fish Lake for the day to spend what was supposed to be the rest of the weekend camping... yeah, that was all hunky dory until about 9pm when all the belligerents came out to play :) Landon and I ended up sleeping in the car and vowed to leave in the morning. Oiy. All turned out ok though - only a few more minor hiccups and we make it home safe and sound today - overall, a good weekend :)


Ok... the rest of the month seems equally as busy and I'm so excited for it! Between packing I've scheduled every doctor's appointment known to man so that once we get across the state I won't have to look for new doctors right away. I'm really dreading that because I think I might be a little bit in love with Dr. C. At Landon's 12 month check up I asked her for any recommendations she might have over there but she didn't really have any so I guess I'm on my own.

So... annual exam, eye exam, and dentist appt (complete with cavity fill that I didn't take care of 6 months ago). Also, Landon had his 12 month check up so he's good until 18 months. Adam is also going the rounds because his ankle has been bothering him. X-rays to ensue tomorrow to make sure his screws are staying put and to see if they can't help him with the pain. He also got his eye exam and new glasses.
On Wednesday I start a four week photography course that I WILL make it to each week. I'm really excited. While I think this course is going to be very basic, it's going to be good for me. Essentially starting at the very bottom to make sure I'm grasping the concepts. It'll be a good refresher if anything and hopefully I'll come out of it with something learned. 

Next weekend (weather permitting) I will be snapping some pictures of Justin & Marah for their engagement pictures - we've been trying to do this for weeks now but it's really coming down to the wire as they are getting married on July 30th! 
On May 15th - also weather permitting I'm going to be snapping shots of another good friend Jessica and her fiance Jamie for their engagement pics! 
I'm so excited for all this experience and hopefully I'll capture something that makes both couples very pleased! 

Other things on my to-do list:
  • Pay off bankruptcy
  • Buy bridesmade dress for Marah's wedding
  • Finalize loan modification with the devil Bank of America
  • Continue the search for somewhere to live
What else? Oh yeah... PACKING. Cheers all!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading this post! Glad you survived your camping trip.

    I gave your blog an award today. :)
    http://heatherhodgepodge.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-1st-blogger-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does L not have a 15-month appointment? I think those are pretty standard. Cuz, I'm sure you need more stuff to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrm?! I'll have to check with our new pedi (once I find one?!) I don't think our current one mentioned 15 months. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete