Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What I've learned about being KU - 1st Tri Addition

Well I'm officially 10 weeks pregnant! Adam is out of town on the first of many late summer/early fall hunting trips so I've had a little time to reflect on the last 10 weeks.

While 10 weeks isn't that long compared to a full term 40 (or longer depending on whether Baby Schultz is stubborn or not!), I've already learned my fair share of lessons! So here goes - 1st Trimester Addition of What Adam & I have learned while being KTFU!**
  • 10 weeks - Double digits baby! I don't know why one more digit has more meaning but it does and it feels AWESOME!
  • Don't try to set up a hand me down crib with no instructions by yourself. My grandmother gave us a gorgeous crib and I know it's REALLY early to be setting it up but a certain BFF is coming to visit for four days with her newborn next week and I thought it would be nice for her. It took me an hour searching for the instructions online and 3 hours to put it together to the best of my ability - the finished product works just fine but is missing a semi-important (ok crucial) part. Hopefully I can find it online?!
  • Do not drive 400 miles across the state without a bag full of snacks... enough said.

  • Always know where the bathrooms are located - whether it's puking or peeing, sometimes you just need to go NOW! Just in case The Bathroom Diaries can help!

  • Telling your dad that you are pregnant is probably the first time in your life that you have declared to him that you are no longer a virgin... I'm 28 years old and this was still uncomfortable.

  • Wear earplugs when you tell your mom, sister and mother in law.

  • Adam fast learned to not take it personal when I'd rather be asleep than sleeping with him - The last 10 weeks must have been the longest drought of almost 9 years together! I'm tired and just not in the mood?! Hopefully this will pick up soon!

  • After you announce your pregnancy to your girlfriends you will never again have a conversation that doesn't include questions about the baby. Some girlfriends will become distant, some will recount every detail of their pregnancy, but the best girlfriends don't change a bit.

  • My Saturday nights have changed but I still have a hangover on Sunday morning.


So far that's the best of the worst! At the least it's been an entertaining 10 weeks - I'm still having a pretty easy 1st trimester so I'm just trying to be patient until my next appointment at 11 1/2 weeks... oh... that's another thing I've learned - this game is all about WAITING.


OH! And since we were focusing on fruit and veggies in week 9, here's what Baby Schultz is up to this week!

Baby's now the size of a prune! With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)





**For those without creative imaginations: KTFU = Knocked the Eff Up! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment