Friday, August 24, 2012

Pin-Test #1

So I've been addicted to Pinterest lately. Like bad. 

I saw this pin a LONG time ago and knew instantly I wanted to try it. I want one for myself actually but one of my best friends was getting married and since I conveniently took some of her engagement pictures (check them out!) I had some good pictures of her and her soon-to-be hubs and I had to pintest this on her gift! :)

So here we go!

What I used:
  • 2 scraps of 2x4
  • 2 scraps of 1x2 (I might use 2x2 if I do it again)
  • 2 different pieces of coordinating scrapbook paper - her wedding colors were navy, pink and white so I tried to find something that would go well with that. 
  • Sticky letters/numbers
  • A cute embellishment
  • Mod Podge
  • A foam brush



I did not cut this wood! Adam helped me with that... and we didn't take measurements - I eyeballed what I wanted and he made the cuts!
He helped me sand it all down too. What a guy!


I got super nervous at this point cause my letters that I bought didn't seem like they were going to fit. I had a minor freak out but in the end I put the letters aside and moved on...


I cut pieces of scrapbook paper out to a little below the size of my boards so you could see some exposed wood. Then I let that dry... notice my wine??? ;)


I started the stick on letters with the date... it seemed like a less daunting task than the quote. Like?


Then came the letters. Oiy. That took a steady hand and a good eye. I made Adam watch me and make sure every letter was straight and in line before I really pushed them down to stick!



Then to put it all together! I got REALLY excited at this point! :) So cute!
Now I broke out the Mod Podge... I slathered that thing like no tomorrow. I really wanted it to shine and I wanted to make sure the paper would never come up!
Then, I went to bed :)
Day 2: I went through all their engagement pictures that were vertical and printed these two that I really liked. I think the one with their puppers CoCo was more relaxed and I know how much they love her so I picked that one. And I glued that sucker on too!

All that was left was another coat of Mod Podge and that little embellishment on the smallest 1x2!

When it was dry I used wood glue to glue all the pieces together. If I make one for myself I probably will skip this step cause I'll know how to set it on my mantle or wherever but since it was going on their gift table I didn't want a piece to get lost or something?! I didn't even bother to wrap it - just tied a bow around it and put my card by it. I'm SO happy with how it turned out!



Congrats again Kevin & Alexis!

Everyone else, happy pinning!!! What have you tried lately that actually worked????

No comments:

Post a Comment