Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Me.

I'm in a bit of a funk lately. I don't like to admit that either. Now that I'm home, I have a lot of one on one with Landon of course (that I love so very much, don't get me wrong!) and not so much me time, unless he's napping. I use that time though to shower and clean so it's not really considered "me" time. So I decided some things need to change.

It started though with these new eating habits we've taken up - fresh foods and limit preservatives and JUNK as much as possible. I don't know if I've mentioned but Adam's been doing it hard core for about 4 months now, maybe too hard core, cause he's down about 30 lbs! It's been a month now that I've been going at it and I've lost a few pounds and I'm really learning how to read my labels but I have to admit, I haven't been very diligent about it. Mostly the boxed dinners and easy to prepare foods are out of our house but I'm not really eating balanced meals. I snack while Landon eats his healthy meals balanced with protein, whole grains, fruits and veggies. My "main meal" which is dinner, is generally my most healthy meal of the day. So I'm going to start meal planning. I found this site that offers some simple templates that I'm going to start with but the more research I do on tips to meal planning, the more I find. I follow the blog Meal Planning Mayhem and I absolutely am inspired by her dedication - maybe I'll do a weekly post about my menu... hrm, there's an idea! :)

Next, I need to work on my body. This goes hand in hand with eating right but I keep blaming the weather for why I'm not getting some exercise in which is NO excuse. I have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred... which I failed at in these posts. I starting again this morning - and even if I don't do it every day, I need to get motivated and do something! I also bought the Wii Fit program - but it's pretty boring. So basically, it's my scale cause it weighs you and tracks your BMI. Maybe there's other games or something that work with it, I have no idea but I'll check that out in the future. I plan on getting Zumba for Wii - I'm SO stoked about this one but I just can't afford it right now. **tear** And last but not least, a little motivation, I registered for Bloomsday. A 12k and I plan to be at least jogging it. So I have 58 days to figure out how to not die while jogging more than a mile or two. Please weather cooperate because the only way to do this is get outside!!!

Ok, moving on, I need adult interaction and Landon needs some socialization. So what do I do? Trusty Mr. Google lead me to Mom and Munchkin Adventures. I haven't gone to any meetups yet but the girl I talked to when I was signing up was super nice and I'm so excited to go to my first one. They do morning walks at the mall a few times a week, they have play dates two or three times a month and it sounds like they are trying to do a Mom's Night In/Out once a month or something like that. Once the weather gets nice I assume they do other things at the parks and stuff too. I think I'd like our first time to be one of the play dates since it'll be easier to meet and talk to the girls, so our first one will be March 14th! :)

In one short week I'll be attending the Rocky Mountain School of Photography's workshop - I'm SO freakin excited that I cannot contain myself. From the itinerary they gave me it looks like it will be a lot of information rather than hands on stuff but I'm ok with that. You have to start somewhere! I always remember really enjoying my photography class in high school and I'm not sure why I didn't pursue it more?! Anyway, better late than never right?? 



So to recap... my goals to the new me:
  1. Focusing more on healthy eating
  2. Exercise more
  3. Don't sit at home all day - get out, meet people
  4. Work toward better photography skills
Now, for my Landon lovers... my smiley boy after his 2 hr nap this morning!!! Cheers!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you get the Zumba for Wii, I've been dying to check it out but don't want to pay a lot if I'm not going to like it.

    ReplyDelete