Saturday, March 12, 2011

Meal Plan #2!

March 13th - 19th

Welcome to week two!  Week one went well... um, as well as could have been expected for week one anyway! Adam's favorite was the Aloha Pork - SO yummy! Mine was probably the Chicken Fiesta Salad, although I made some minor changes to that recipe which can be found here

I also had to make a minor change 1/2 way through the week cause I didn't realize I put two meat/rice dishes right in a row. So I switched Wed and Friday around... but then, I got a bout of the stomach flu on Thursday night into the day on Friday so dinner was out of the question for me. Adam went ahead and had the meatloaf as leftovers. :) So we're pushing the Arroz Con Pollo to tonight because I really wanted to try it over the Stroganoff. Maybe we'll save that for week 3.

Overall, 6 out of 7 days with just a few changes ain't bad for our first week right??? 

So, on to week 2! :) I've decided to make this work I need to make some slight changes. I'm not going to plan every day. A lot of Saturday nights Adam will be camping or out doing "guy" things. Or once the weather gets nicer we'll be out camping with him or doing family stuff so for right now I'm either not going to plan Saturdays or I'll find something SUPER simple and solely geared for Landon. And Sunday's are just out because usually after camping, maybe drinking, and fishing all day Sunday - the last thing he ever wants to come home to is a huge meal... plus half the time, I never know when to expect him or know when we'll be back from our adventures. Which is fine - maybe Sunday's we'll order a pizza... :)

Sunday: I'm already drooling for a Papa Murphy's Chicken Garlic Gourmet on thin crust!
Tuesday: Cornbread Taco Bake (My mom makes this the best and I couldn't find her recipe, but I think this is close?!)
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Saturday: TDB... based on our plans :)

The Grocery List:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can artichoke hearts
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Red bell pepper
Mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (8 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
1 pound small fingerling potatoes
5 cloves garlic
4 1/2-inch thick boneless pork loin chops (5 oz each)
1 large red onion
2 Granny Smith apples
3/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 lbs of chicken thighs or breasts
2 medium yellow onion
1 lbs tomattillos
4 serrano peppers
Cilantro
Corn tortillas
Sour Cream
Mexican Cotija or Queso Fresco cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 can mushroom soup
1 package chopped spinach
1 bag tater tots


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment