Friday, October 22, 2010

Fell off the (blogging) wagon... again...

**sigh**

Why can't I keep up??? I've been horrible again... it's been what two weeks since my last update?! Sorry folks... hope no one was waiting for a Landon update (mom sorry, I know you always are!!!)

Anyway, on the 11th we had Landon's 6 month check up. He's doing perfect and Dr. C was amazed at how well he's sitting up and how strong he is. She asked if his legs were strong enough to where he'd stand... um... psh! yeah?! That's pretty much his favorite thing to do! As he pulls on my hands and stands himself up lol. I'm still convinced he's going to skip crawling and just go straight to walking!

Oh ya, appointment... he's gained almost another 2lbs so he's now 18lbs! I swore that he'd be more but I guess the scale doesn't lie. He's 27 inches tall and his big fat head (sorry L, you take after Grandpa Odie!) is 17.5 inches!
Poor little guy got 4 - count them - 4 shots!!! :( One of them was his flu shot which he'll have to go back next month and get the booster for. I'm not looking forward to that but we DO NOT want to get the flu. Adam and I have to get ours too... he's dragging his feet since he's never had one before. He's convinced that he'll get the flu from getting the shot. Which reminds me, I need to call his mom to convince him this will not happen... Kathy, if you are reading - hint hint :) Oh, and I asked Dr. C about the Whooping Cough (Pertussis) booster for Adam and I as well. Luckily, right before I got pregnant I got mine... it came in a doosy of a shot (doosy meaning it felt like someone socked me in the arm for about 4 days?!) that included my tetanus booster and something else I'm too lazy to Google. So Adam has to get that as well - fun for him. :)

Shortly after his appointment - by shortly I mean the next day - Landon started teething. Or at least we think it's teething, no teeth have yet to make an appearance. But he got GRUMPY! And usually L's pretty independent and likes to play by himself but for a good week solid he'd have nothing but to be held. A concoction of Orajel, Teething tablets and Tylenol seemed to help and the last few days he seems back to normal so I'm questioning the whole teeth thing. We'll see I guess.

During that fiasco we did make it to Greenbluff. That was really fun! Adam had to work but my mom was in town so we got to enjoy the gorgeous day up there! For your enjoyment....





The next day we took a little trip to Manito Park cause it was so nice again and I wanted Landon to try the swings!!! He LOVED them... well, ok, maybe he loved the little 12 year old girl next to him on the big kid swing :) He kept staring at her cause she was on her mom's cell phone, chatting away to a friend.




Well, I could go on but I think that's enough for today... I have to leave SOMETHING to update later right??? Till next time... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment