Monday, August 23, 2010

Much needed UPDATE!!!

Well looky what I found!!! An unsecured internet connection - thank you whichever neighbor doesn't know how to password protect their network! :)

Finally, a way to easily update my friends and family on "us"!

First of all - for your viewing pleasure.... a little Landon fix!


Lets see... last I posted (and really updated) he was only 11 weeks?! Holy crap where has time gone??? He's now **ahem** 21 weeks. I'm a little embarrassed?! Oh well.

I've been back at work for almost 2 months now... it sucks... I'm not even going to lie. Actual work isn't all that bad and the adult interaction is definitely much needed but being away from my little man is torture every.single.day. :( We have some pretty awesome babysitters though - and for $50/week, it doesn't get any cheaper than that!

About two weeks ago now, we had our 4 month check up. Landon was 15lbs 2 ounces and he was 25 inches long. My big boy!!! Dr. C never gives us our percentiles that I sometimes hear about but she said he was doing perfect. I'm also happy to report that we are now completely OFF the Zantac medicine we were giving him for his acid reflux!!! Woot Woot! He still spits up like a mother but that seems to be getting better as well!! But.... he's not in pain anymore so I'll take it! :) We talked to her about starting him on solids (which actually we already had tried a few times) but she said we could start on rice cereal and oatmeal if we wanted then at 5 months we could start trying the veggies - one new one every 2 or 3 days until we've tried them all and then we can do the same with fruits. Apparently babies like fruits better than veggies so if you do those first they'll never like the veggies. :) He's getting the hang of a spoon pretty well and even though she said to wait till 5 months (we're only a week shy) we went ahead and tried peas and carrots.... FAIL! Well, not really but he gagged on the peas and he only would open his mouth for two bites of the carrots. Next is green beans :)

What else... OH we are rolling... like CRAZY! Actually, he seems to have forgotten how to roll from his belly to his back but he rolls from his back to his belly with no problems and very little effort anymore. The first time I realized that he'd learned how to do this was in the middle of the night when I went in to check on him and he was sleeping peacefully on his stomach, face smooshed into the mattress. I'm not gonna lie - freaked me the eff out! Apparently he doesn't like to turn his head! haha - so pretty much every morning, that's how I find him! 

Speaking of sleeping... he's doing pretty awesome with that now too. I think we are "officially" sleeping through the night! Double woot! Usually he's rubbing his eyes from sleepiness by about 8pm so we take a bath and get him down and he'll sleep anywhere from 3am-7am... lol most of the time it's at least till 5 - the 3am wake ups are rare.

Well... I'm spent - that's quite the update finally. Hopefully I can get this internet connection to work consistently so I can update more often. 

Till next time - CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment